Sabre Announces Strategic Priorities Designed to Accelerate Growth
As part of its vision to lead a new marketplace for personalized travel, Sabre detailed five strategic initiatives that are intended to increase the Company's addressable market across its business, deliver revenue and market share growth, and improve the Company's overall margin structure. Specifically, each priority seeks to:
- Create personalized offers: accelerating new IT capabilities, processes and intelligence that allow suppliers to retail personalized offers through all channels, unlocking more value per passenger boarded
- Accelerate the future of distribution & NDC: increasing the value of supplier offers and the value of the GDS by integrating NDC content, enabling airlines to distribute personalized offers through the Company's marketplace and through their direct channels
- Unlock growth potential in the LCC market: harnessing the growth and innovation of the fast-growing low cost carrier (LCC) market by creating more ways for LCCs to retail and distribute content, and scaling the offerings of Radixx, the Company's recently acquired LCC provider
- Deliver a full-service property management system to better serve enterprise hotels: collaborating with Accor, Sabre plans to build a full service property management system that will combine with its best-in-class central reservation system and state-of-the-art limited service property management system within a fully unified, cloud-native platform designed for hoteliers of all property classes, sizes and geographic regions – a milestone in the global travel industry
- Transform Sabre's technology in a preferred partnership with Google: this 10-year strategic partnership is designed to:
- Improve Sabre's technology capability by migrating the Company's IT infrastructure to Google Cloud's highly available and secure services with advanced support and greater flexibility
- Utilize Google's data analytics tools to enable Sabre to enhance the capabilities of current and future products by providing insights to help improve operational efficiency and create and optimize travel options, with the goal of improving both loyalty and revenues for its customers
- Design a broader innovation framework with Google that seeks to leverage the talent and assets of both companies to imagine, develop and deploy future capabilities that will advance the travel ecosystem, benefiting all market participants.
Menke continued, "At Sabre, we have the vision, the expertise and the planned investments in our end-to-end capabilities to become the trusted technology partner that brings it all together on one advanced travel platform. Building on the momentum we generated in 2019, we have committed
For the last three years, Sabre's new leadership team has been driving transformational change and building a foundation to position the Company for future growth. The team has been primarily focused on three areas: the security, stability and health of its technology products and services; enhancing collaboration across the Company's business segments to accelerate the creation of end-to-end solutions for its customers; and building a leadership team throughout the organization that will lead Sabre into the next phase of its journey to become the trusted technology partner of the travel industry.
Sabre unveiled the Company's strategic initiatives to its top 900 leaders during its annual global leadership summit in
Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements herein are forward-looking statements about trends, future events, uncertainties and our plans and expectations of what may happen in the future. Any statements that are not historical or current facts are forward-looking statements. In many cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terms such as "design," "expect," "vision," "initiative," "intend," "seek," "plan," "commit," "momentum," "priority," "goal," "believe," "opportunity," "position," "future," "anticipate," "will," "estimate," "project," "may," "should," "would," "potential" or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Sabre's actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performances or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. The potential risks and uncertainties include, among others, dependency on transaction volumes in the global travel industry, particularly air travel transaction volumes, including from airlines' insolvency or suspension of service or aircraft groundings, the duration and effects of the Coronavirus, the timing, implementation and effects of the technology investment and other strategic imperatives, the completion and effects of travel platforms, travel suppliers' usage of alternative distribution models, exposure to pricing pressure in the Travel Network business, changes affecting travel supplier customers, maintenance of the integrity of our systems and infrastructure and the effect of any security breaches, failure to adapt to technological advancements, competition in the travel distribution market and solutions markets, implementation of software solutions, reliance on third parties to provide information technology services and the effects of these services, the finalization of an agreement to implement a full-service property management system, the execution, implementation and effects of new or renewed agreements, dependence on establishing, maintaining and renewing contracts with customers and other counterparties and collecting amounts due to us under these agreements, dependence on relationships with travel buyers, our collection, processing, storage, use and transmission of personal data and risks associated with PCI compliance, our ability to recruit, train and retain employees, including our key executive officers and technical employees, the financial and business results and effects of acquisitions, including related costs, and, as applicable, the closing and integration of these acquisitions, the effects of any litigation and regulatory reviews and investigations, including with respect to proposed and completed acquisitions, adverse global and regional economic and political conditions, including, but not limited to, economic conditions in countries or regions with traditionally high levels of exports to
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sabre-announces-strategic-priorities-designed-to-accelerate-growth-301011704.html